Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Coat a 9x1-1/2-inch round baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. In a medium mixing bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, lemon or orange peel, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat the 3/4 cup granulated sugar and margarine or butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until combined. Add the 1/4 cup egg product and vanilla. Beat on low to medium speed for 1 minute. Alternately add the flour mixture and buttermilk to egg mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Pour into prepared pan.
- In a small mixing bowl beat the cream cheese and the 1/4 cup granulated sugar on medium to high speed until combined. Add the 2 tablespoons egg product. Beat until combined. Arrange the 1 cup raspberries, apricots, or nectarines over batter in the pan. Pour cream cheese mixture over all.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool slightly on wire rack. Serve warm. If desired, top with additional fruit. Dust with powdered sugar.
- Copyright 2000 Meredith Corp. Recipes may not be republished without permission.
ReviewsRead all reviews 1