Orange Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 443
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter until well blended. Press into the bottom and 1 1/2 inches up the side of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. In a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt chocolate, stirring occasionally until smooth. Set aside to cool, but do not allow to harden.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese and 1 cup sugar until smooth. Mix in the eggs, one at a time on a low speed, or by hand. Gradually stir in the orange juice, and orange zest. Reserve 2 cups of the batter. Pour the remaining batter over the baked crust. Stir the melted chocolate into the reserved batter. Drop the chocolate batter by large spoonfuls onto the white batter. Use a knife to cut through the batter, and leave a swirling design.
- Bake for 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the center is almost set. Run a spatula or thin knife around the edge of the pan while it is still warm, so the cake will not crack. Allow cake to cool completely before removing the sides of the pan. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 443 calories; 30.8 36.2 8.3 153 295 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 44
I'm giving this 4 stars because the original recipe does need a little help. First of all, the orange juice and zest contain nowhere near enough flavor to make this cheesecake taste orange-y at ...
This is a very tasty, easy recipe. I made it with Grand Marnier instead of the orange juice and the cake had a lovely light flavor. It's more of a creamy cheesecake, and it's very dense. My o...
Oh my goodness was this good the only change I made was to use 4 teaspoons orange concentrate instead of 2 tablespoons of orange juice, because I really like the taste of orange and chocolate. ...
This is my goto recipe for cheesecake. It is dense and creamy. Also very versatile; I've substituted the chocolate and orange with both blueberry and strawberry puree. It makes a very pretty des...
Excellent. I added 2T orange juice plus an additional 1 teaspoon of orange extract. This was perfect for me. Next time, I will reduce the amount of sugar in the crust.
I made this wonderful recipe for my orange adoring husband for his birthday this past weekend. He along with our guest raved over this chessecake. I followed the advice of the other posts, using...
I made this for a party and everyone loved it. I did use orange extract instead of orange juice and the flavor was wonderful.
This cheesecake was wonderful! Dense and creamy and amazing. Like other reviewers, I decided to up the orange flavor. I didn't have orange extract or orange juice concentrate, so I measured out ...