Ingredients1 h 20 m servings
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix apples, sugar, tapioca, cinnamon and nutmeg in large bowl. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Prepare pie crusts as directed on package for two-crust pie, using 9-inch pie plate. Fill with fruit mixture. Dot with butter. Cover with second pie crust; seal and flute edge. Cut several slits to permit steam to escape.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until juices form bubbles that burst slowly. Cool.
- © KF Holdings. Used with permission.
- Baking pie is a rather straightforward technique, but a few tips can only help to make your pies come out looking and tasting perfect!
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was very tasty and easy! I'm surprised there aren't any reviews on this yet. Anyways, I tried it once with Macintosh apples and once with Granny Smiths - I think Macintosh make it a little ...
I think this a great recipe, I used empire apples for it though and it was excellent. I also like the idea of the minute tapioca as opposed to using flour. I had the temperature at 400 for abou...
I made this pie for fun and to share with my family that came over and they loved it! Also, may i suggest that if you leave your pie in the freezer, the next day put raw egg yolk on top of it an...