- COMBINE first 5 ingredients; set aside.
- FIT pie crust into a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp. Spoon apple mixture into pie crust, and cover with aluminum foil.
- BAKE at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until apples are crisp-tender.
- COMBINE 1/2 cup brown sugar and next 3 ingredients; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Uncover pie, and sprinkle with streusel topping. Bake 30 more minutes or until browned.
- Reprinted with permission of Southern Living® magazine. All rights reserved.
ReviewsRead all reviews 23
I used this recipe for the topping, and Mom’s Apple Pie I recipe for the filling. The pie was absolutely wonderful. That’s saying a lot since I grew up on an orchard in a town known for it’s fan...
My daughter loved it and it was easy enough tfor her to do most of the mixing and pouring.
ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL! I loved this- this is the best apple pie I've ever had. Definitely the apple pie recipe I'm sticking with.
This was very good. I also added about 1/4 teaspoon of allspice to the apples. It just gives it a bit more flavor.
The flavors of this pie were great. My only negative comment would be that the bottom crust turned to complete mush. It made it very difficult to scoop a piece of pie out from the dish. I used ...
The pie really bakes down. You need to cut the apples quite thick!!I think it would be better with white sugar in the pie.
This is a greast Fall pie receipe. I added Apple Pie Spice which really bumped up the flavor.