- FIT pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp. Prick bottom and sides of pie crust with a fork.
- BAKE at 375 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes.
- WHISK pumpkin, next 6 ingredients, and 1 teaspoon vanilla until blended. Pour into prepared crust.
- BAKE at 375 degrees for 40 minutes, shielding with aluminum foil the last 15 minutes to prevent excessive browning.
- COMBINE pecans, 1/2 cup brown sugar, corn syrup, and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla. Sprinkle over pie.
- BAKE 10 to 15 more minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Reprinted with permission of Southern Living® magazine. All rights reserved.
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I made this pie for Thanksgiving 2003 for a family gathering. It was wonderful! I got so many compliments on it. The texture and flavor were exceptional. The traditional pumpkin pie did not ...
My family loved the combo of pecans and pumpkin. Two pies in one. I had to bake a little longer for it to firm up.
I made this yesterday for Thanksgiving, which, is a mistake. The body of the pie is too soft for me as I like it firmer. The flavor was ok. I found the praline mixture couldn't get to be mixe...