- COMBINE first 8 ingredients.
- REMOVE giblets and neck from turkey, and rinse turkey with cold water.
- DRAIN cavity well, and pat turkey dry. Rub outside of turkey with half of seasoning mixture. Attach needle to injector, and fill with marinade according to package directions. INJECT marinade into turkey breast several times, and then into thighs and drumsticks. COVER turkey, and chill 8 hours.
- RUB turkey with remaining half of seasoning mixture; drain cavity well.
- POUR oil into a deep propane turkey fryer, and heat to 350 degrees according to manufacturer's instructions. Place turkey on fryer rod, and carefully lower into hot oil with rod attachment. Fry 45 to 60 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into breast registers 170 degrees.
- REMOVE from oil; drain and cool slightly before slicing.
- Reprinted with permission of Southern Living® magazine. All rights reserved.
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Deep fried turkey started as a novelty at our house, but we are now in love with it. I really felt that the whole jar of creole butter was too much though. It helped keep the turkey moist, but...
Deep frying a turkey is the only way to go. Once you deep fry, you will never have oven roasted turkey ever again. Cajun spices make this one great. In response to the first review, i think it i...