Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 dozen)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours and the next 4 ingredients (flours through salt) in a medium bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Combine buttermilk, sugar, margarine, almond extract, and egg whites; stir well with a whisk. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon the batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Remove from pans immediately.
- Reprinted with permission of Cooking Light® magazine. All rights reserved.
- CALORIES 161 (28% from fat); FAT 5g (sat 0.6g, mono 2.3g, poly 1.3g); PROTEIN 4.1g; CARB 26.1g; FIBER 2.2g; CHOL 0mg; IRON 1.1mg; SODIUM 200mg; CALC 80mg
ReviewsRead all reviews 1