Duck Salad with Wild Rice, Pecans, Grapes, and Orange Dressing
Cooking Light magazine
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add duck; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Place duck in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes or until done. Let cool. Cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips.
- Combine duck, rice, green onions, grape halves, and pecans in a large bowl. Toss well; set aside. Combine orange rind and next 4 ingredients (orange rind through pepper) in a small bowl; stir well. Pour over duck mixture; toss well. Serve salad on 7 lettuce-lined plates. Serve at room temperature.
- Reprinted with permission of Cooking Light® magazine. All rights reserved.
- CALORIES 248 (30% from fat); FAT 8.3g (sat 2.1g, mono 3.4g, poly 1.5g); PROTEIN 14.5g; CARB 27.7g; FIBER 2.4g; CHOL 38mg; IRON 2.1mg; SODIUM 184mg; CALC 32
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I didn't actually eat any of this because I don't like duck, but my husband raved! I used less green onion than called for, about 1/4 cup. It's a great easy way to use up all of those ducks he...