Paradise of Chocolate
Ely and Lia
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 532
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place a circle of parchment paper into the bottom of a 10 inch pan for easy removal.
- Break the chocolate into pieces, and melt it in a metal bowl over simmering water. Stir frequently until melted. Remove from heat, and set aside to cool - don't let it harden.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the confectioners' sugar and margarine until light and fluffy. Mix the 6 egg yolks into the chocolate until well blended, then stir the chocolate mixture into the sugar mixture.
- In a large clean glass bowl, whip the egg whites to soft peaks. Gradually pour in the white sugar while continuing to whip the egg whites to stiff peaks. Combine the flour and yeast, and fold them into the egg whites. Fold in the chocolate mixture. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared 10 inch round cake pan.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until the top of the cake springs back when lightly touched. Allow cake to cool completely before removing from pan.
- Split the cake in half horizontally and place the top of the cake onto a serving plate. Spread 2/3 of the apricot jelly onto that layer, then flip the bottom layer, flat side up, and place on top of the other one. Spread remaining jelly over the top.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 532 calories; 34 62 10.6 123 185 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
14 oz. of unsweetened chocolate is really too much. their is not enough sugar in the recipe to off set that much chocolate. the finished cake was very bitter.
This cake had an absolutely delicious flavor, but was embarrassingly dry... I don't know what I would need to do to fix that.