Ingredients9 h servings 661 cals
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Place hazelnuts on a baking sheet and place into preheated oven. Bake until the skins loosen and the nuts turn a light golden-brown, 20 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool until you can handle them. Remove the skins by placing the hazelnuts into a kitchen towel, folding it over, and rubbing until the skins come off. Discard the loosened skins, and chop the nuts into very small pieces by hand.
- Whisk together lemon juice, hazelnut liqueur, sherry, and salt together in a bowl until the salt has dissolved. Whisk in pepper, 2 tablespoons lemon zest, and shallots; slowly pour in canola oil while whisking vigorously until completely incorporated. Pour into a resealable plastic bag or glass bowl; toss fish with marinade, then refrigerate 8 to 24 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade, shake off excess, and discard remaining marinade. Cook on preheated grill 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the fish is just opaque. Garnish with hazelnuts and lemon zest to serve.
Per Serving: 661 calories; 45.8 g fat; 24.2 g carbohydrates; 28.5 g protein; 76 mg cholesterol; 540 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I agree with Angela & Brianne very elegant indeed. The sauce gives it a lovely lift without taking anything away from the salmon just enhancing it. Deane from Australia.
This was good salmon! I do wish I had added more salt and pepper, and it probably could have used more than the whole day of marinating I gave it. I found myself wanting a little of the sauce ...