German Pancakes I
Ingredients1 h servings 273
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, prepare pancake batter by blending flour, 2 eggs, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 cup milk.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle or medium skillet over medium heat. Pour approximately 1/8 of the batter onto the griddle. Flip with a metal spatula when bubbles begin to form, and cook until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter, making 8 pancakes.
- Place applesauce in a medium bowl, and mix in raisins. Spread the applesauce mixture over one side of each pancake. Roll pancakes jelly roll style, and cut in half vertically. Arrange pancake halves cut side down in a medium baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining egg, salt and milk with sugar and almonds. Pour mixture over the pancakes.
- Dot pancakes with butter, and bake 40 minutes in the preheated oven. Serve warm.
Per Serving: 273 calories; 10.4 38.9 7.5 90 241 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Notes: Tasty! For easier prep I added 1 egg to the batter (thinner pancakes--no slicing necessary) and used 1/4 cup less milk in the almond topping (5min less time in oven). Try 1/3 cup batter p...
My mother gave me this recipe when I was 12, it was given to her by her grandmother who had immigrated from eastern europe, awesome recipe, add grated apple. Top with a little lemon juice and p...
The batter was too thick and hence the rolls were too thick.Some guidance on consistency would have been helpful. Also the directions on how to slice the rolls were unclear and not even sure the...
I really loved this recipe, I added cinnamon and fresh nutmeg, because I love them. and left out the applesauce and raisins. I used hot maple surup with a small bit of bacon fat. Wonderful