Grilled Truffle-Parmesan Cauliflower Steaks
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Cutting cauliflower into "steaks" and cooking them on a grill creates wonderful caramelized edges and smoky flavor. Topped with nutty Parmesan and earthy truffle oil, this is sure to become your favorite way to eat cauliflower. I like my cauliflower a little on the firm side, so add a few extra minutes if you like it softer."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 310
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 cauliflower steaks)
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Whisk oil, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Remove the tough bottom leaves from each cauliflower, taking care not to remove the stem. Place the cauliflower heads onto a cutting board with the stem side facing upwards; cut vertically on both sides of the stem to remove the loose florets. Cut each cauliflower vertically through the stem into 2 even "steaks", 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick; remove any remaining small leaves from each steak. Place the 4 steaks on a baking sheet.
- Brush one side of the steaks with some of the oil mixture.
- Place steaks on the grill, oiled-side down; grill for 5 minutes. Brush more oil mixture on top and gently flip over; grill until golden brown and slightly charred, 5 to 7 minutes more. Remove to a platter and drizzle with truffle oil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I like to shred my own cheese as I find it melts better.
- For more char and to speed up the cooking process, grill with the lid down.
- Reserve florets for another use.
Per Serving: 310 calories; 22.4 22.8 10.3 4 785 Full nutrition