Taste of India Roasted Root Vegetables
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Though not a traditional Indian dish, since there is no sauce, the spices used on these roasted vegetables may remind you of Indian flavors. Your favorite recipe for tikka masala would be nice to serve with this, along with some white rice and naan. Dial back the heat, if you like, or bring it, with an extra dash or two of cayenne--your choice!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 210
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine red onion, carrots, parsnips, beets, and sweet potato in a large bowl. Toss vegetables with olive oil.
- Combine ginger, coriander, cumin, turmeric, garlic, cayenne, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle spice mix over the vegetables and toss to coat evenly. Spread vegetables out evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast on the center rack of the preheated oven until beet pieces can easily be pierced with a fork, about 40 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve warm or at room temperature.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If not using parchment paper, grease the pan well with additional extra-virgin olive oil. If the vegetables appear to be drying out during the roasting time, use a sprayer to mist with additional extra virgin olive oil.
Per Serving: 210 calories; 9.6 30.1 2.8 0 112 Full nutrition