1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 40 m servings 28
Original recipe yields 32 servings (1 pint)
- Remove ends of the cucumbers and discard. Slice cucumbers very finely. Toss in a bowl with the salt and set aside for a few minutes until the salt has drawn out a good amount of liquid.
- Drain cucumbers in a fine-mesh sieve set over a bowl. Squeeze them a little but not too much. Measure out 1 cup and discard the rest.
- Muddle the basil and add it to the cucumber liquid. Let it steep in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Strain liquid into a saucepan, squeezing basil well to extract any liquid. Stir in sugar and bring to a boil, then add lemon juice and reduce heat. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the temperature on a candy thermometer reaches 212 degrees F (100 degrees C), stirring once in a while.
- Let cool slightly, then strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a glass bottle and let cool. Seal tightly and refrigerate.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- This is really a recipe for gardeners - it will taste so much better. Use 2 to 3 garden-fresh cucumbers and basil from your garden.
Per Serving: 28 calories; 0 7.3 0.2 0 37 Full nutrition