Grilled Cauliflower Steaks
"Cutting cauliflower into "steaks" and grilling them not only gives a flavorful, caramelized, and smoky taste, the presentation is lovely! A delicious change from boring old steamed cauliflower! I like my cauliflower a little on the firm side, so add a few extra minutes if you like it softer."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 240
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 cauliflower steaks)
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, smoked paprika, brown sugar, chili powder, and black pepper together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Remove the tough bottom leaves from each cauliflower, taking care not to remove the stem. Place the cauliflower heads onto a cutting board with the stem side facing upwards; cut vertically on both sides of the stem to remove the loose florets. Reserve florets for another use.
- Cut each cauliflower vertically through the stem into 2 even "steaks", 1 to 1 1/2-inches thick; remove any remaining small leaves from each steak. Place the 4 steaks on a baking sheet.
- Brush one side of the steaks with some of the oil mixture. Place steaks on the grill, oiled side down; grill for 5 minutes. Brush more oil mixture on top of the steaks and gently flip over; grill until golden brown and slightly charred, 5 to 7 minutes more. Drizzle with any remaining oil and remove to a plate. Sprinkle with cilantro.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can grill the extra cauliflower florets in a grill basket alongside the steaks, or refrigerate for another use.
Per Serving: 240 calories; 14.1 27.5 8.9 0 713 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Really flavorful! I had a hard time cutting the cauliflower into "steak" shapes and it just crumbled under the knife, so I just stir fried it and added spring onion and cayenne pepper.