Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 228
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine milk and cream in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat, whisking occasionally. While whisking, pour in cornmeal in a steady stream. Whisk vigorously to incorporate the cornmeal, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Transfer cornmeal mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add eggs, 2 tablespoons butter, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix on medium speed until uniform and aerated, about 15 minutes. Mix in the corn by hand.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Lightly butter a round 1 1/2-quart casserole dish with remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Pour batter into the casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and puffy and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 228 calories; 10.4 27.8 7.4 86 478 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1