Crumb Coffee Cake with Peach Preserves
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 412
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 10-inch tube cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Generously grease and lightly flour a 2-part 10-inch tube pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, butter, and salt in a large bowl; stir with a fork or pastry knife to blend all ingredients. Measure 1 cup of the flour-butter mixture and set aside. Add baking powder and baking soda to the large bowl, and stir well.
- Whisk buttermilk, egg, and vanilla together in a second bowl. Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir, briskly, with a whisk, until mixture is very smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Spoon batter into prepared pan, smoothing and leveling the top.
- Warm peach preserves in the microwave or in a small pot and smash any large fruit pieces. Spoon warm preserves on top of the batter.
- Combine reserved flour-butter mixture, chopped almonds, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle crumbs evenly on top of the preserves.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Transfer pan to a rack and cool for about 10 minutes. Remove the outer part of the tube pan and continue cooling, about 10 minutes. Slide a knife around the bottom of the cake to loosen from the pan. Using a spatula in each hand, lift the cake from the tube portion of the pan and place on a serving plate. Serve warm.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- No peach preserves? Try blackberry or raspberry--whatever you have on hand.
Per Serving: 412 calories; 15.6 65 5 52 375 Full nutrition