Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 331
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 scones)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, cardamom, baking soda, and nutmeg together in a large bowl.
- Grate in 1/3 of the butter using the large holes of a box grater. Toss lightly with your fingertips until coated with flour. Repeat twice more with remaining butter.
- Whisk cream, egg, and vanilla extract together in a small bowl with a fork. Pour over the flour-butter mixture. Mix with a fork just until large clumps of dough form. Gently fold in peach.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Bring together and gently pat into a 9-inch-long rectangle about 1 inch thick. Sprinkle turbinado sugar on top; press gently to adhere. Cut into 8 triangles with a bench knife or sharp knife. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 18 minutes. Place baking sheet on a wire rack and let cool.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Since scones taste best the day they are baked, I like to store them in the freezer and bake off a few at a time. Keep them on the baking sheet until frozen solid, then transfer to resealable plastic bags and seal well. Bake straight from frozen; you may need to add a few minutes to the baking time.
Per Serving: 331 calories; 18 38.3 4.5 74 264 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1