Grilled Eggplant Dip (Mutabal)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 55 m servings 121
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat a charcoal grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Prick the skin of the eggplants several times with a knife.
- Cook directly on the preheated grill, turning frequently, until eggplants have collapsed and are very soft and the skin has charred, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to cool, about 15 minutes.
- When eggplants are cool enough to handle, cut them in half and scrape out the flesh. Put the flesh into a colander and place over a bowl to drain, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl, add crushed garlic and salt, and mash until creamy, about 5 minutes. Whisk in lemon juice, tahini, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and black pepper. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Taste, adjust seasonings, and stir in parsley and mint. Transfer to a small dish. Use the back of a spoon to swirl indentations on the surface, drizzle with remaining olive oil, and garnish with pomegranate seeds.
You might also like
Per Serving: 121 calories; 7 15.1 3.1 0 330 Full nutrition