Grilled Jerk Chicken
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Spicy Caribbean-style jerk chicken cooked slowly on a warm grill reminds me of my trips to the islands as a sailor. Good main. A little time consuming putting the marinade together but well worth it. Don't worry if you don't have all the ingredients, use what you have. You can double the dry ingredients and save for your next dinner party."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 335
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine salt, garlic powder, sugar, allspice, thyme, cayenne, black pepper, sage, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a large bowl. While beating with a wire whisk, slowly add vinegar, orange juice, soy sauce, olive oil, and lime juice. Add onion, green onions, and chile pepper and mix well. Add chicken breasts, cover, and marinate for at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Remove the chicken from the marinade; reserve.
- Cook chicken on the preheated grill, basting with the reserved marinade frequently, until no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, 6 to 8 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the chicken. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use a jalapeno pepper instead of Scotch bonnet.
- For a more authentic Caribbean flavor, cook over a low heat for 30 minutes, turning and basting frequently.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 335 calories; 17 20.5 26.7 65 4454 Full nutrition