Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 530
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie )
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer until frothy. Mix in brown sugar. Add corn syrup and mix. Add butter, bourbon, half-and-half, vinegar, flour, and salt and beat until well mixed, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Toast pecans in a dry skillet over low heat until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Place evenly in the pie crust. Pour filling mixture over. Do not overfill; you may have a little left over. Place pie on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue to bake until a knife inserted into the center comes out mostly clean, about 25 minutes more. Cover the edges of the crust with foil to prevent overbrowning if desired. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 1 hour before slicing.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Toasting the pecans is optional, but try it, it makes a difference.
- I make my aluminum foil heat shield by taking a 1-foot square of foil, folding it twice to a quarter of the original size, and cutting out a round center. Then just lay the outer part on top.
- I often let the pie get close to done and turn off the oven, leaving the pie inside with the door closed, so the pie can glide into cooling. This seems to prevent cracks.
Per Serving: 530 calories; 31.5 59.4 6 86 247 Full nutrition