Simple Apricot-Glazed Meatloaf
"I know everyone says their mum's meatloaf is the best and I am one of those who agree--my mum's recipe is the best! This has been one of my favorites since my childhood. While I love it served fresh and hot, a good next-day meatloaf sandwich is also a comfort food. I serve it with a nice arugula salad with cherry tomatoes, raisins, chopped walnuts, and vinaigrette dressing, or for a southern flare--garlic-smashed potatoes and freshly steamed snap green beans. Just yummy deliciousness and mum is always right!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 483
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, egg, garlic, apricot preserves, salt, and pepper for the loaf in a large mixing bowl; mix well until thoroughly combined. Transfer to a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix ketchup, apricot preserves, brown sugar, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and apple cider vinegar for the glaze together in a medium bowl.
- Remove meatloaf from the oven and pour glaze over top. Continue cooking until no longer pink in the center, about 15 minutes longer. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you are using lean ground beef, increase the amount to 2 pounds.
Per Serving: 483 calories; 19.7 54.9 23.4 101 1782 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
5 stars! Did I say it too quick? The meatloaf was good and I used the 2lbs suggested when using lean ground beef. I used the optional hot sauce for the glaze, which made for a wonderful sweet he...