Vegan Italian Pasta Salad with Vegetables and Olives
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 20 m servings 405
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook fusilli in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain and drizzle with 1 to 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil. Mix to coat and set aside.
- Combine pitted olives, parsley, capers, red pepper flakes, 1/2 of the garlic, vinegar, and 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil in a mini food processor. Blend to create a rough, runny paste. Set dressing aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Saute eggplant until tender and browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on paper towels to drain. Add remaining extra-virgin olive oil and saute zucchini until browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on paper towels to soak any excess oil.
- Cook bell pepper, onion, and remaining 1/2 of the garlic in the same skillet until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add cherry tomatoes and heat until they begin to blister. Return eggplant and zucchini to the skillet and mix to combine. Remove from heat and transfer vegetables to a large bowl. Cool to room temperature.
- Mix pasta and dressing with the vegetables; toss to coat. Add more olive oil if necessary. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
You might also like
Per Serving: 405 calories; 13.8 61.9 11.6 0 255 Full nutrition