Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 10 m servings 1093
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine soy sauce, ketchup, oil, salt, garlic, black pepper, and oregano in a large, zip-top freezer bag for the marinade.
- Lay a pork chop flat onto your work surface. Use the tip of a sharp boning or paring knife to cut a pocket in the chop through a 2-inch slit in the side. Repeat with the remaining chops. Place into the marinade and squeeze out any air. Make sure the marinade gets inside the "pockets" of the chops as well. Marinate for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove chops from the marinade and let them come to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Place the brown sugar in a bowl. Dredge each slice of bacon in the brown sugar, coating both sides. Place the bacon on a wire rack and set in a cookie sheet to catch the drippings.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned, flipping the bacon halfway through cooking, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Stuff each of the chops with 2 slices of the sugar-coated cooked bacon, folding in half if needed, and 2 slices Swiss cheese. Use toothpicks to hold the pockets closed after stuffing.
- Sear the chops on the preheated grill, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Move to a cooler spot on the grill and finish with indirect grilling until chops are no longer pink in the center and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 145 degrees F (63 degrees C), about 5 minutes more. Remove from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes. Remove toothpicks and serve.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 1093 calories; 61.8 62.4 70.7 208 3258 Full nutrition