Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 50 m servings 306
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine salt, brown sugar, garlic powder, paprika, and chipotle pepper in a bowl. Rinse and pat chicken dry. Rub with seasoning blend, placing any excess in the cavity.
- Allow to rest at room temperature for up to 90 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place chicken in the bottom of a Dutch oven. Pour butter over the chicken. Cover.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, 2 to 3 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone, should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove from the oven and allow to rest, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Carve chicken and spoon over pan drippings before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- The seasoning blend can be substituted or altered to taste.
- Step 3 is optional.
Per Serving: 306 calories; 12.6 9.2 37.6 121 2980 Full nutrition