Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 64
Original recipe yields 25 servings (25 mini spring rolls)
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shredded cabbage and carrot mixture and cook for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, shrimp, green onions, and soy sauce; cook for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in hoisin sauce. Let cool for 5 minutes. Fold in bean sprouts.
- Put 1 spring roll wrapper on a work surface with a point facing you, like a diamond. Put about 1 teaspoon of the shrimp mixture in the center of the wrapper. Fold the bottom of the wrapper over the filling. Roll up tightly to keep the spring roll firm. Fold the sides of the wrapper over the filling. Brush the top edge of the wrapper with water. Roll up tightly to the edge; seal. Put finished rolls, seam-side down, on a plate or baking sheet until ready to fry. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Fill a large heavy-bottomed pot with 2 inches of peanut oil and heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fry 1/2 of the spring rolls until lightly golden, about 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb excess oil. Repeat with remaining spring rolls.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 64 calories; 3.3 6 2.5 15 104 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1