Quick Lemony Panzanella
"A vegetable-forward alternative to garlic bread with a pasta dinner. This salad makes use of that delicious loaf of bread that's gone a little stale. Mr. Frilly does not like vinegary dressings so this salad gets its acid from some pickled banana pepper slices and a lemon, which pairs perfectly with the garlic and fresh herbs. I suggest serving with a crisp Pinot Grigio. If not serving immediately, stir every few minutes to make sure bread is soaking up those delicious juices. Serve at room temperature within a few hours. Leftovers can be refrigerated."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 387
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil over both sides of the focaccia. Place on a grill pan or directly on the grill grate. Toast until nicely browned, flipping as needed, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, cucumber, onion, bell pepper, olives, banana peppers, basil, oregano, parsley, salt, and pepper in a nonreactive bowl. Add 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard; stir until combined.
- Remove focaccia from the grill and rub 1 side of each slice with garlic. Tear slices into bite-sized pieces. Add to the vegetables and stir to coat. Serve at room temperature.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use any good quality crusty bread.
- Use any color bell pepper.
- Substitute 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning for the fresh herbs, if desired.
Per Serving: 387 calories; 24.9 37.1 6.4 0 1003 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1