Polenta Taragna with Taleggio and Radicchio
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Directly from the mountains surrounding Bergamo in Northern Italy, cornmeal polenta and ground buckwheat mix with buttery Taleggio cheese. Served piping hot with grilled radicchio, this is found on lunch menus around the Valtellina region. It's delicious served with grilled sausage and hearty red wine."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 665
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Whisk polenta and buckwheat flour together in a bowl.
- Combine water, broth, and salt in a large pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle polenta mixture into the water little by little, whisking constantly to avoid clumping. Immediately reduce heat and simmer, stirring often to avoid scorching, for about 15 minutes.
- Set aside 4 Taleggio cheese cubes. Add butter and remaining Taleggio cheese to the polenta, stirring often until melted and the polenta is thick and creamy like grits, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Remove the outer leaves of the radicchio and cut the head into 4 equal wedges. Drizzle oil onto the griddle and cook the radicchio on each side until heated and slightly charred and just beginning to wilt.
- Distribute equal portions of polenta onto plates and top with a cube of Taleggio and a wedge of grilled radicchio. Serve immediately.
You might also like
Per Serving: 665 calories; 32.2 72.9 24.3 85 1616 Full nutrition