Four-Cheese Grilled Cheese Sandwich
3 made it | 0 reviews |
"The best grilled cheese! This was created for National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day (April 12th). Using garlic butter, hot/mild giardiniera, spinach, tomatoes, and 4 different kinds of Italian cheeses, you'll take a second look at the next grilled cheese sandwich you decide to make!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 673
Original recipe yields 2 servings (1 large sandwich)
- Mix butter and garlic in a small bowl until well combined. Spread 1/2 of the butter onto one side of each slice of bread; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat; stir in spinach and giardiniera. Saute until spinach is wilted and mixture is heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove to a bowl and wipe out the skillet.
- Place 1 slice of bread, buttered-side down, into one side of the warm skillet. Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in the other side of the skillet. Place mozzarella slices in the skillet and cook until soft, 1 to 2 minutes. Place mozzarella slices on top of the bread in the skillet. Repeat with the provolone, Asiago, and Fontina slices.
- Add spinach mixture and tomato slices to the skillet, adding more oil if necessary, and cook until warm, 2 to 3 minutes. Place spinach mixture on top of the cheese, followed by the tomatoes and the remaining slice of bread, buttered-side up. Flip the sandwich and cook until browned and cheese has melted, 5 to 10 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use hot or mild giardiniera.
- To get large slices of bread, center-cut a loaf of Italian bread lengthwise.
Per Serving: 673 calories; 51.8 20.8 32.5 126 1346 Full nutrition