Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients14 h 55 m servings 114
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 loaf)
- Mix flour, salt, and yeast together in a glass or ceramic bowl; add water. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside at 70 degrees F (21 degrees C) for 12 to 19 hours.
- Turn dough out onto a floured cutting board covered with waxed paper. Dough will be sticky. Turn 2 to 3 times so that all sides are well floured. Set aside, covered with waxed paper, until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- Place a Dutch oven in the oven. Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
- Carefully remove the Dutch oven, place dough inside, and cover with the lid.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and continue to bake until the crust achieves your desired color, 10 to 20 minutes more.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Important: Dutch oven must be heated prior to adding dough.
- Do not open the oven to see if bread is done; look through the oven window.
Per Serving: 114 calories; 0.3 23.9 3.3 0 389 Full nutrition