Dutch Oven Sourdough Bread
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 10 m servings 242
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 loaf)
- Combine water, sugar, sourdough starter, yeast, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir in flour and flaxseed meal. Knead dough with either your hands or an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment for 5 minutes. Place dough in a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise for 2 hours.
- Punch the dough down, turn onto a lightly floured surface, and knead briefly to shape into a ball. Place in a bowl lined with parchment paper. Cover with a kitchen towel and allow to rise until doubled in size, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, place an empty 6-quart Dutch oven in the oven and preheat the oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
- Slit the top of the loaf 1/4-inch deep with a very sharp knife. Carefully place the dough, still on the parchment paper, into the hot Dutch oven and cover with the lid.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and continue to bake for 20 minutes more. Remove bread from the Dutch oven and let cool on a wire rack for at least 1 hour before slicing.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use your favorite sourdough starter.
- Cutting into the loaf too soon will make the crumb (the inner part of the loaf) turn gummy.
Per Serving: 242 calories; 1.8 50.8 5.7 < 1 200 Full nutrition