Orange Drizzle Cake
"Cake. Citrus. One-bowl baking. If these words send a shiver down your spine, then this recipe is for you. It is a very easy recipe that can be different every time you make it if you swap the oranges for lemons, limes, grapefruit, or a mix of juices. You get a not-too-sweet, moist cake that will be gone before the day is over. Remember to use exact measurements to get perfect results."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 337
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch cake pan well using butter and flour.
- Combine flour, eggs, sugar, butter, orange juice, orange zest, and baking powder in a bowl. Mix with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer until batter comes together and is pale in color. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Carefully remove from the pan and place on a cooling rack with a tray underneath.
- While cake cools, combine sugar and orange juice for drizzle in a small bowl. Pour over the still-warm cake. Let cool completely before slicing.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use unsalted butter instead of salted.
Per Serving: 337 calories; 17.4 42.4 4.2 110 395 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Nice cake, but comes out very thin, so suggest using a smaller cake pan