Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 40 m servings 228
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 1/2 quarts)
- Combine strawberries, 1/3 cup sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a bowl; stir gently. Cover and store in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, mix milk and remaining sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Stir in heavy cream, vanilla extract, and some juice from the strawberries, but not the berries themselves.
- Add the mixture to an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer's instructions, about 20 minutes.
- About 10 minutes before the ice cream is finished, puree most of the strawberries in a food processor or blender; reserve a few berries to slice for a garnish. Add the strawberries to the ice cream maker for the last 5 minutes of churning. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use vanilla sugar instead of white sugar if you have it. Use half-and-half instead of heavy cream if you prefer.
- This ice cream is pale pink, so if you want it to be pinker, add a drop or two of red food coloring.
- Instead of reserving strawberries to slice for garnish, you can combine with the pureed berries in the ice cream maker for chunkier ice cream.
Per Serving: 228 calories; 15.3 24 2 56 25 Full nutrition