Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients13 h 25 m servings 70
Original recipe yields 80 servings
- Chop gooseberries, raisins, and oranges finely; reserve orange rinds. Mix with sugar and water in a large pot. Cook until it becomes gelatinous or to desired thickness, about 40 minutes. Grate orange rind and add to the thickened mixture. Mix in well.
- While jam cooks, inspect glass pint jars for cracks and rings for rust, discarding any defective ones. Immerse in simmering water until jam is ready. Wash new, unused lids and rings in warm soapy water.
- Pack jam into hot, sterilized jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a clean knife or thin spatula around the insides of the jars to remove any air bubbles. Wipe rims with a moist paper towel to remove any residue. Top with lids and screw rings on tightly.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars 2 inches apart into the boiling water using a holder. Pour in more boiling water to cover jars by at least 1 inch. Bring to a rolling boil, cover, and process for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and let rest, several inches apart, for 12 to 24 hours. Press the center of each lid with a finger to ensure the lid does not move up or down. Remove the rings for storage and store in a cool, dark area.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Scale down ingredient amounts if you are unable to obtain that many gooseberries.
Per Serving: 70 calories; 0.1 18 0.2 0 < 1 Full nutrition