Lemon Zest Pie Crust
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 135
Original recipe yields 16 servings (2 9-inch pie crusts)
- Sift flour and sugar into a large bowl. Cut in butter until it is in pea-sized pieces.
- Make a "well" in the flour mixture. Pour in water and lemon zest. Carefully fold into the flour mixture until lightly combined.
- Make another "well" and pour in lemon juice; lightly fold into the batter. Repeat with vanilla extract. Add more water if needed to bring the dough together.
- Form dough into 2 separate, equal-sized discs and cover in plastic wrap. Let rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before using.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Step 1 can be done in a food processor or by hand.
- For the best results, get a fresh, flavorful lemon. Depending on your likes and dislikes, the lemon zest and juice can be changed around until you like it.
- A "well" is a little hole in the flour mixture, almost like a little puddle, where all the wet ingredients go.
Per Serving: 135 calories; 5.2 20.3 1.9 13 36 Full nutrition