Hawaiian Beef Sliders with Sriracha Cream Sauce
4 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h servings 376
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 Hawaiian beef sliders)
- Drain pineapple juice into a small bowl. Add ponzu and sugar to the pineapple juice; stir to dissolve sugar. Refrigerate pineapple rings and 1/3 cup of the juice mixture.
- Transfer remaining juice mixture to a resealable zip-top bag. Add steak and seal. Refrigerate for 8 hours to overnight.
- Peel outer layer of onion. Slice onion as thinly as possible. Thinly slice jalapeno into rounds, removing ribs and seeds for less heat. Combine 1/4 of the onion slices, jalapeno, lime juice, sugar, and 1 pinch salt in a bowl. Set aside to quick-pickle, stirring occasionally, until ready to serve.
- Mix sour cream and Sriracha sauce together in a bowl for the Sriracha cream. Set aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add pineapple rings and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly caramelized, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add remaining onion and oil to the pan; season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Drain sirloin from marinade. Add to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully add reserved pineapple juice mixture to the pan. Cook and stir until liquid has mostly evaporated and beef is coated in sauce, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in pickling liquid from onion and jalapeno. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble sliders by adding sirloin steak to each bun. Top with jalapeno slaw, Sriracha cream, and caramelized pineapple.
You might also like
Per Serving: 376 calories; 15.1 184.7 18.5 56 566 Full nutrition