Pan Pizza with Chicken and Pineapple
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 588
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 pizza)
- Combine water and sugar in a microwave-safe measuring cup and microwave for 50 seconds. Stir in yeast and allow to sit for at least 2 minutes.
- Mix bread flour, semolina flour, and salt together in a bowl large enough for the dough to expand to the size of a head of lettuce. Grease hands with cooking spray. Pour water mixture into flour mixture and mix with a fork to combine. Transfer dough to a work surface and fold in half several times. Dough will be very sticky; reapply cooking spray as necessary.
- Pour 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil into the bowl and spread it around the bottom. Add dough and turn it over so that it has a light oil coating to prevent sticking. Cover and set in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, pound chicken breasts out to a uniform thickness. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat and sear chicken, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Lower the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until chicken is browned and no longer pink in the centers, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool enough to handle, about 5 minutes, before cutting into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly grease a 14x7-inch pan and sprinkle cornmeal evenly over the bottom.
- Grease your hands again with cooking spray and remove dough. Spread dough in the prepared pan to an even thickness. Cover with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese. Add pineapple and chicken.
- Bake on the middle or top rack of the preheated oven until cheese is melted and crust is golden, about 23 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- In the past I've packed extra cheese at the edge and folded it over to kind of create stuffed crust.
- If desired, you could brush some butter (with garlic) over the edge as well.
- While I would recommend using some sauce, using less could work and cheese could also be optional.
Per Serving: 588 calories; 15 81.5 29.2 43 1436 Full nutrition