Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 230
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Add bell pepper, tomato, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook and stir until pepper has slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Strain 1/2 of the liquid from the canned diced tomatoes into the mixture.
- Stir diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper into the ground beef mixture. Simmer until some of the liquid has reduced, about 10 minutes. Add rice and mix well. Transfer to a casserole dish and sprinkle Cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until filling is heated through and cheese is melted, about 45 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use any shredded cheese you like.
Per Serving: 230 calories; 10 17.8 15.4 49 347 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
We eat vegan, so I substituted 1 lb of Beyond Beef and 1/2 lb Beyond Sausage. I used half a large onion (because a TBS is too little), added a jalapeno (because we like a little more spice), and...