Air Fryer Vegan Tofu and Asparagus Scramble
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Firm tofu, when crumbled, has a scrambled egg texture. This tofu scramble is nutritionally comparable to scrambled eggs, and is a wonderful healthy choice for breakfast or any other meal! This savory scramble requires a few air fryer steps, and is topped with a sweet soy sauce drizzle and chopped, raw almonds."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 265
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine 1/2 cup soy sauce, brown sugar, and mirin in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until sauce has reduced by half, 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool and thicken.
- Meanwhile, place raw almonds into a small bowl and cover with water. Soak for at least 10 minutes, then drain. Cut each almond into thirds or smaller chunks if desired.
- Press tofu block between paper towels. Place your hands on the top and bottom of the block and firmly squeeze out extra water. Set aside on a cutting board until ready to use.
- Place asparagus spears in one layer across the crisping tray in the air fryer basket. Lightly spritz with olive oil cooking spray.
- Set air fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and cook asparagus for 10 minutes. Pull basket out after 5 minutes to shake vigorously; return basket and continue cooking. Pour cooked asparagus pieces into a large bowl.
- Mix olive oil, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, rice vinegar, and garlic powder in a large bowl. Cut tofu block into 1/2- to 1-inch cubes and add to the bowl. Mix carefully to coat tofu cubes on all sides, keeping cubes as intact as possible. Toss cubes with nutritional yeast.
- Place seasoned tofu cubes onto the crisping tray in the air fryer basket. Cook at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 minutes, shaking vigorously after 5 minutes.
- Mix tofu cubes and asparagus pieces together, pressing some of the cubes apart into a semi-scrambled texture. Drizzle sweet soy sauce over the mixture and top with chopped almonds.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use apple cider vinegar instead of rice vinegar.
Per Serving: 265 calories; 7 34.9 12 0 1930 Full nutrition