Air Fryer Fish and Chips
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 465
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Peel russet potato and cut into 12 wedges. Pour 3 cups water into a medium bowl and submerge potato wedges for 15 minutes. Drain off water and replace with fresh water. Soak wedges for 15 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together flour, cornstarch, salt, garlic powder, baking soda, and baking powder in a bowl. Pour in 1/2 cup malt beer and stir to combine. If batter seems too thick, add remaining beer 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Place cod fillets on a rimmed baking sheet lined with a drip rack. Spoon 1/2 of the batter over the fillets. Place rack in freezer to allow batter to solidify, about 35 minutes. Flip fillets over and coat the remaining side with the batter. Return to freezer for an additional 35 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 8 minutes.
- Cook frozen fish fillets for 15 minutes, flipping at the halfway point.
- Meanwhile, drain off water from potato wedges and blot dry with a paper towel. Toss with oil, salt, and pepper. Air fry for 15 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Add the seasonings of your choice when you toss the potato wedges in oil.
Per Serving: 465 calories; 6.2 62.3 37.5 62 1006 Full nutrition