Strawberry Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 785
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9-inch layer cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9-inch cake pans.
- Beat sugar and butter together in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add egg whites one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in pureed strawberries, sour cream, and strawberry extract.
- Sift cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Add gradually to the butter mixture, beating until combined. Pour batter evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of each layer comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing and cooling completely on wire racks, about 30 minutes more.
- While cakes cool, beat cream cheese and butter together in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add pureed strawberries and strawberry extract. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until frosting is smooth.
- Frost and assemble the cooled cake layers. Decorate the top with sliced strawberries.
You might also like
Per Serving: 785 calories; 28.2 129.4 6.6 76 363 Full nutrition