Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 146
Original recipe yields 20 servings (20 tacos)
- Rinse defrosted shrimp under cold water, drain, and pat dry.
- Combine shrimp, chili powder, garlic, paprika, cumin, onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, coriander, and orange zest in a bowl. Mix well.
- Heat olive oil in nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, 4 to 5 minutes on each side, depending on the size of the shrimp.
- While shrimp cooks, prepare crema by whisking together sour cream, zest and juice of 1 lime, 1 teaspoon cilantro, garlic powder, and 1 pinch each of salt and black pepper.
- Heat corn tortillas in either a pan or on a griddle over low heat, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Be careful not to let them burn. Set aside.
- Assemble tacos by spreading 1 teaspoon crema across each tortilla, adding 3 or 4 shrimp, 2 slices of avocado, a sprinkle of fresh red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno. Serve with sliced limes to squeeze on top and extra crema on the side.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can speed up defrosting of shrimp by placing under cold running water.
Per Serving: 146 calories; 5.8 15.4 9.6 70 162 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This was really good! Easy, fast, and tasty. I made a half recipe for two of us and it was a super quick dinner.