Chicken Tagine with Olives, Figs, and Preserved Lemons
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 443
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Season chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Heat remaining oil in a tagine over medium heat. Sear chicken in the hot oil until browned, 5 to 7 minutes; remove and set aside. Add onion, coriander, cumin, and bay leaf and cook, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes. Make sure to scrape the brown bits from the bottom while stirring; add a little water if needed.
- Stir tomatoes, figs, olives, garlic, and lemons into the tagine. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add the seared chicken and pour in white wine. Bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Reduce the wine by half, 10 to 15 minutes. Pour in enough chicken broth to fill the tagine only halfway up the sides of the chicken.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and cover. Cook until the meat on the legs is no longer pink and pulls away from the bone, about 45 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone, should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove the tagine from the heat and mix in parsley. Check seasonings and serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use homemade chicken stock or one that is very low in sodium.
Per Serving: 443 calories; 16.7 31.7 40.2 115 4597 Full nutrition