0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This strawberry cobbler using fresh strawberries is a fantastic summer dessert. The strawberry filling is saucy without being runny, and the strawberries keep their shape and burst with flavor. Serve with ice cream for a real treat. This recipe makes enough for a crowd, or just enjoy leftovers for breakfast the next morning!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 353
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine sugar, water, and cornstarch in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until very thick, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in strawberries. Pour mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Stir flour, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract. Add flour mixture and stir with a spatula just until ingredients are combined. Drop batter by rounded tablespoons over the strawberry mixture. Try to cover as much filling as possible.
- Bake in the preheated oven until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbling, 35 to 40 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the topping should come out clean. Remove cobbler from the oven and let cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Cut large strawberries into quarters, smaller ones in half, and if there are some really small strawberries, just leave them whole. Avoid chopping the strawberries too small so that they retain their shape while baking.
- I have also made this in a slightly smaller 8x12 inch baking dish, which works well. The bake time remains the same.
Per Serving: 353 calories; 19.8 41.7 3.8 86 101 Full nutrition