Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 321
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x4-inch loaf pan with 1 teaspoon butter and reserve.
- Whisk flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together in a bowl. Watch Now
- Cream 1/2 cup butter and sugar together in another bowl with a spatula or an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time with a whisk or an electric mixer, fully blending in the first egg before adding the next. Stir in yogurt and vanilla extract. Watch Now
- Chop pitted cherries coarsely with a knife, or by pulsing on and off a few times in a food processor. Add to the wet ingredients along with the chocolate chunks and chopped walnuts. Stir briefly to combine. Batter may look curdled, but don't worry. Watch Now
- Pour in the flour mixture and mix with a spatula until all the flour has disappeared. Transfer batter into the prepared loaf pan, making sure to smooth the top evenly and fill in the corners. Tap pan on the counter to release any air pockets. Watch Now
- Bake in the preheated oven until nicely browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let bread rest in the pan for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Watch Now
- While bread is resting, combine powdered sugar and milk in a bowl for icing, adding more milk as needed to reach a thin, runny consistency. Watch Now
- Brush icing over loaf, allowing to drip down the sides. Let cool completely before slicing and serving, about 20 minutes more. Watch Now
- Chef's Notes:
- You can use thawed, well drained frozen cherries instead of fresh.
- You can use dark chocolate chips instead of chunks.
Per Serving: 321 calories; 14.5 45.3 5 53 272 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This delicious - moist and yummy! Followed the instructions exactly as written - perfection!
delicious-- we have our own sweet cherry tree and walnuts, so I made this yesterday -- very tasty- after it cools the flavors come out better - I used sour cream and choc chips -- I made one...
This smells amazing while cooking and tastes even better. I really dislike walnuts so I used almonds and also used mini chocolate chips. Since there are only 2 of us I made 4 small loaves( this ...