Lentil, Quinoa, and Mung Bean Salad
"Packed with fiber, protein, and potassium and lightly dressed with fresh lemon juice and olive oil. This is a family favorite that is always requested for cookouts. I sometimes add a little honey as the acid in lemons can vary depending on the lemon that is used. Top each serving with a little feta, if desired."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 55 m servings 258
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place mung beans into a large container and cover with several inches of cool water; let soak, 8 hours to overnight.
- Bring 2 cups salted water to a boil in a medium pot. Add lentils and bay leaf, cover, and simmer over low heat for 18 to 20 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, drain mung beans. Bring 2 cups salted water to a boil in a small pot. Add mung beans, cover, and simmer over low heat for 20 to 25 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Bring 2 cups salted water and quinoa to a boil in a medium pot. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until all water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and let steam for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place lemon juice, zest, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper in the bottom of a large bowl. Drizzle in oil, whisking constantly until dressing is smooth. Add cooled lentils, mung beans, and quinoa; stir to combine. Add cucumber, tomato, bell pepper, green onions, and parsley; stir to incorporate. Refrigerate until cool, about 1 hour. Taste and adjust salt, if necessary.
You might also like
Per Serving: 258 calories; 11.1 31.6 9.8 0 305 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1