Fresh Fried Largemouth Bass
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 419
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place bass in a bowl. Add salt and cover with water. Cover and let sit for 30 minutes to draw out all blood. Rinse bass thoroughly to remove salt. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place cornmeal, flour, seasoned salt, paprika, and pepper in a gallon-sized plastic bag. Zip and shake until evenly combined.
- Drop 2 pieces of bass into the bag, zip, and shake to coat. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining bass.
- Fry bass in the preheated deep fryer for 3 minutes per batch. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Serve immediately.
You might also like
- Editor's Notes:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of salt. The actual amount of salt consumed will vary.
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 419 calories; 26.7 20.4 23.6 77 3799 Full nutrition