Air Fryer Roasted Salsa Verde
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This tomatillo salsa comes together quickly with the help of your air fryer. The tangy, zesty flavor can be tweaked to your preferred heat level--use only serranos for extra heat, or only jalapenos for a milder flavor. You could also leave some or all of the seeds in the peppers for an even spicier flavor or double the peppers! If you have an air fryer with a smaller basket, halve the recipe or roast the veggies in 2 batches."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 36
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Remove husks from tomatillos and rinse; cut tomatillos in half. Place tomatillos and peppers skin side-down into the air fryer basket. Add onion. Lightly spray vegetables with cooking spray to help the roasting process.
- Air fry vegetables for 5 minutes. Open basket and add garlic cloves. Spray lightly with cooking spray and air fry for an additional 5 minutes.
- Allow vegetables to cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to the bowl of a food processor. Add cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Pulse several times until vegetables are finely chopped to your desired consistency. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate to let flavors meld.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- The salsa will thicken upon cooling. You may add a bit of water to thin it out, if desired.
Per Serving: 36 calories; 0.9 7.2 1.2 0 29 Full nutrition