Favorite Salmon Cakes
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 155
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 salmon cakes)
- Stir eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and white pepper together in a large bowl until there are no lumps left. Mix in bell pepper, parsley, and onion. Add salmon; toss gently to preserve some chunks. Add crushed saltines, barely tossing to mix the ingredients.
- Use a 1/2 cup measuring cup to divide mixture into 12 cakes. Gently press remaining saltine crumbs onto the top and bottom of each cake. Place on a parchment-lined plate, adding parchment in between the layers. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/2 of the butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Gently place 1/2 of the patties into the heated oil and pan-fry for 4 minutes. Carefully turn and pan-fry an additional 4 minutes. Check for brownness, as you do not want your patties to burn.
- Wipe out the skillet, add remaining oil and butter, and pan-fry the remaining patties in the same manner. Garnish salmon cakes with fresh parsley and lemon slices.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can also use drained canned salmon instead of cooked fresh salmon.
- You will need about 1 sleeve of saltine crackers for this recipe. Do not use a food processor to crush the crackers. You want some texture, so the patties will not be too heavy.
- You may use any color of bell pepper that you have on hand.
Per Serving: 155 calories; 11.7 6.5 6.2 48 244 Full nutrition