Stuffed Pull Apart Tomato Tart
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 510
Original recipe yields 9 servings (9 tarts)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drain tomato slices on paper towels to remove excess moisture. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the kosher salt.
- In the bowl of a small food processor, add olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon of the dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon of the dried basil, dried parsley, crushed red pepper flakes, black pepper, garlic, 1 tablespoon of Stella® Asiago Fresh Shredded Cheese and 1 tablespoon of Stella® Parmesan Shredded Cheese. Process until well blended.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup Stella® Mozzarella Shredded Cheese, 1/4 cup Stella® Asiago Fresh Shredded Cheese, 1/4 cup Stella® Parmesan Shredded Cheese, 1/4 teaspoon of the dried oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon of the dried basil.
- On floured work surface, unfold each puff pastry sheet and roll into a 9-1/2 x 9-1/2 inch square. Using a 2-1/2 inch round biscuit cutter, cut 9 circles from each pastry sheet. Using a fork, prick pastry circles generously.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and water. Spoon about a rounded tablespoon of the cheese mixture in the center of 9 of the pastry circles. Brush edges of pastry circles with the egg wash. Place remaining pastry circles over filling.
- Using a fork, crimp edges to seal. Place close together in 4 rows of 4 on prepared baking sheet; refrigerate 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and top each pastry with a slice of tomato. Brush lightly with some of the oil-cheese mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly. Top with chopped basil. Serve with remaining oil-cheese mixture for drizzling or dipping.
You might also like
Per Serving: 510 calories; 40.1 26.9 10.9 39 486 Full nutrition